Welcome to our up to date website following the openings and closings of traveling within the UK. As you know, the United Kingdom is in lockdown which means STAY AT HOME for now and will be open to accept guests no earlier than 12th April 2021. We are taking bookings now from 12th April onwards…. We are here if you want to contact us before booking – call 07789534518.
From 12th April – 17th May One household or bubble allowed to book also Outside eating at pubs and restaurants will allow use of loos
From 17th May – 21st June just 2 households allowed in one house OR Rule of 6 : up to 6 different households with max of 6 guests.
From 21st May all restrictions lifted.
This is subject to 5 weekly reviews so please be careful when booking as it is your responsibility to fit in with the regulations for your dates booked.
OUR CURRENT CANCELLATION POLICY
Please read and understand our Terms & Conditions which are agreed to on booking your holiday with us. However, during these unprecedented times, if we should go back in to lockdown making it illegal for you to travel or for us to accept you we will either work with you to move your booking at no cost, or issue a full refund. Our current T&C’s will prevail for cancellations, due to illness or self isolating and for this reason we urge all our guests to take out holiday insurance to cover. We expect the guest to insure they comply with national and local laws when visiting, thank you.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOUR SAFE ARRIVAL
- Our team has done additional training and completed the course by schulke for Environmental cleaning during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Achieved Covid-19 Industry Standard In Partnership recognising that our business has confirmed that they have followed the government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
- our cleaners work in bubbles, cleaning the same houses each week
- our linen is picked up in zipped bags after being cleaned at high temperatures and delivered to your clean house and put on your beds by our cleaning team
- our cleaners visit each house in fresh PPE – this includes gloves and masks. All of this is discarded and replaced for the next house clean
- we have extended our cleaning time, so we know our cleaners have time to complete a thorough Covid-19 sterilization on top of our usual high standard clean
- for reassurance we are using the British Standard cleaning equipment in all our cleaning, including our sanitising.
- we are sanitising all touch points in each house, – door handles, cupboard handles, window latches, items you will pick up like the salt and pepper shaker, all of this is done AFTER the usual clean to ensure when you arrive your house is super clean and safe
- Games and books will be put away in the house before you arrive. If you leave these for 24 hours they will therefore be quarantined and you will be able to use them again.
We are very confident in our cleaning approach and we are compliant with all recommendations for managing this situation. If, however, you feel you need the house ‘fogged’ please get in touch and we will provide you with a quote for this.
COVID 19 BOOKING EXPECTATIONS
In order for us to open our doors we have implemented a number of measures to keep you safe during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We ask that you follow the expectations set out below to help us achieve this:
Day of departure to the Island and Arrival
- before you leave home, ensure you have completed the Covid-19 questionnaire for you and your party
- if you have had any symptoms, are waiting for a test result, or have Covid-19 please do not travel. Even if you are isolating for 14 days but have no symptoms you must stay home
- Please send HB Holiday Lettings names of everyone staying at the house and their mobile numbers for TRACK AND TRACE purposes.
- when you arrive at your house there will be a key safe where you can collect your key
- Your house will have its own QR Code, please check in on your arrival with this code using the NHS COVID19 Ap, they run out at midnight so you will need to check in every day.
DURING YOUR STAY
- we hope you have a wonderful time with us but if you do experience symptoms of Covid-19 you need to act quickly – please follow the guidance provided on the website or in your house, and book a test, contact us immediately, and understand that you may need to go home
- if anyone is tested positive for Covid-19 you will need to make arrangements to go home, we will of course help you to do that.
- During your stay, for TRACK AND TRACE purposes, please email us any friends you have to the holiday home or you visit, we will keep this information for 2 weeks, thank you.
- if you are staying for 2 weeks you are still able to have a linen change however you will need to do that yourselves. A bag for dirty linen will be provided and taken away, and fresh linen will be provided in a zipped bag. We are not able to have the cleaning team come into the property, but we do appreciate that fresh linen is a lovely thing! We hope you don’t mind this inconvenience.
- Please observe local and national guidelines and laws.
- before you leave please take off your linen and place it in the zip bag provided – this is to minimise handling of dirty linen and protect our cleaning staff
- please take any food away with you
- please place any used cutlery and crockery into the dishwasher before you leave – we will empty this later.
If there is anything else you think we could do to protect your stay please let us know. We are regularly reviewing the risks to customers and staff during this time.
FOR CURRENT INFORMATION
The Isle of Wight’s testing centre is at Newclose Cricket Ground just outside Newport.
If Wightlink crossing/s have been booked through HB Holiday Lettings we will cancel and refund the total cost including the admin fee for you. You must give no less than 48 hours of travel to receive the full refund. This is correct at time of publishing but should Wightlink change this we would implement any costs imposed on HB to you.
If you have booked with Wightlink or Red Funnel yourselves, please check with the ferry company directly.
DURING YOUR CROSSING
We will be monitoring the situation and updating this page.
It is now obligatory that you wear a face mask for your ferry crossing and they have the right to not let you on board for your own safety.
Red Funnel have given us links for information and FAQ
In the meantime, keep well and safe.
Annabel updated 22nd Feb 2021
Sources : Holiday Home Association, Professional Association of Self Caters, GOV.UK